Thursday, June 23, 2011

Late Night Smoothie

I was craving something sweet and semi healthy, so I attempted to make a banana smoothie like my favorite one at Smoothie King. At Smoothie King, I get a small yogurt delight with banana and add cinnamon.

These are the ingredients for my smoothie (dare I say knock-off)

  • one banana
  • a couple scoops of frozen vanilla yogurt
  • ice
  • cinnamon sugar
  • milk
I know this is a terrible mother-in-law recipe, but I didn't really measure anything. It turned out pretty great! Satisfied my craving for something sweet, although I would have preferred to have some wedding cake ;)


Here are all of the ingredients in the blender, prior to blending.

 This was the only frozen yogurt available at Walmart. The only differences between this fro yo and ice cream are the consistency--the fro yo has a gelatin quality--and the nutrition information--shown below.


 I really love this dispenser function my blender has. It doesn't always work reliably but that's what you get with a $17 blender.

 And here is the finished product!

If you are your own worst critic then, I did a fabulous job :)

No comments:

Post a Comment